Sunday, August 09, 2009

A finish and a Pressie

I finished my first Hardanger piece today. Thank you so much Rene for running the class! I was very nervous about the cutting part but it is easier than it looks. I had more trouble with wrapping the bars.........go figure lol! The design is a freebie from Polstitches. I got the pack which includes fabric, threads and beads from Polstitches specifically for the project.

Hardanger

Rene sent me a pre Birthday package. I just love my piggies. Isn't the cupcake soooooooo cute!

Pressie from Rene

Thank you Rene. I love it so much! Also I received a bookmark from Rene as well that she stitched me seeing I couldn't do the bookmark exchange that I ran as there were an even ammount of participants so I couldnt join in. I just love it and have nearly finished the one I am doing for Rene's daughter Manda Panda.

I am getting very excited as it is my Birthday tomorrow and I get to open lots of pressies from the girls on the Birthday Club. It will be the first year that I will of got stitchy presents!

13 comments:

  1. Congrats on a fantastic finish! I knew you could do it hehehe

    I'm so happy you like your pressie. When I got the pink fabric I just knew what I had to use it for....A Piggy cupcake for you!

    Have a wonderful birthday tomorrow and I know you will have tons of fun opening all the pressie. Can't wait to see what you get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday; hoping your day will be extraspecial!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun opening your presents tomorrow. Like your hardanger piece, the colors are nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Kelly.... Isn't Rene wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Kelly!
    Your hardanger looks lovely! I find that it is easier to wrap the threads in pairs, in a figure-8 configuration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your Hardanger finish, Kelly. It turned out nice. Nice gifties from Rene, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Hardanger piece is beautiful Kelly!!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Hope you have great day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty finish.

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you get lots of fabulous stash!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday! Love your hardanger piece, very pretty.

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you had a lovely, Birthday Kelly with lots of stitchy stash and wonderful pressies! And wishing you lots of love and blessings in the years to come! :)

    What lovely, special pressies from Rene!!! :) And your hardanger piece is just lovely! I don't think I could bring myself to cut the fabric! lol

    Hugs and blessings in stitches...
    Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your hardanger piece looks great. I really love your colors in it. Great gifts from Rene. Did you video yourself opening all your birthday club gifts? Evalina set the bar for that.....we want to see and hear you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your hardanger piece is beautiful Kelly....and your piggies are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate each and every one.