Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Finish and Midnight Enchanter

I finally finished my Prairie Schooler 'Autumn Leaves' last Sunday. It's not the kind of thing I usually like to stitch but I liked the words. It looks wonky where it came off the Q Snaps. It needs ironing and pulling into shape ;p

DSCF0611

I have a challenge going with Evalina where UFO's are concerned. The challenge is to finish my two UFO's before Evalina finishes 'Bless the House', 'Provence' and a UFO of her choice. The one that completes the challenge first, gets sent something from the other person.  My first one to finish is my Midnight Enchanter by Dimensions. Here is a before picture from when I last stitched on it:

DSCF0414

And here's one after I finished on it on Sunday night:


I concentrated on the blue frock bit, here's a close up:

DSCF0612


I'm going to try and stitch on it as much as possible. When this is finished and I mean 'when' lol, the second UFO will be my Celtic Summer. I am also trying to finish a crochet blanket for my third granddaughter of the year, who is due in the next two weeks or so!

So dear stitchers, please keep me motivated by your wonderful comments, they really do help and keep me stitching on it!

20 comments:

  1. The Prairie Schoole Autumn Leaves is just beautiful great job :). And youa re doing a fantastic job on the Midnight Enchanter it is looking great and I cannot wait to see the Celtic Summer. I am looking forward to more updates!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your finish, Kelly. Good luck with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the PS Autumn finish, congrats on finishing it. Your UFO is looking gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your finish, its very cute! Good luck with your UFO challenge. I need something like that to keep me in order lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go Kelly,,I know you will win the challenge!! I love Autumn Leaves and love Prairie Schooler charts. I have watched both Celtic Summer and Midnight Enchanter grow and looking forward to seeing them both finished.
    Go Kelly,,,Go Kelly,,,Go Kelly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck Kelly, I will dig out my oldest UFO and make a post on my blog. My fingers are itching to stitch but I'm at work right now, later I have my Lions meeting and will not get home till late evening...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like the Autumn Leaves, it is really nice. Good luck with the UFO challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on finishing Autumn Leaves. It looks wonderful. Midnight Enchanter is coming along beautifully. Good luck with the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, I love both works

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your UFO piece and the Autumn Leaves piece is lovely too! :) We'll be here cheering for you since I think all stitchers need this motivation at some point or the other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your stitching looks fabulous and congrats on the finish! Keep stitching! Good luck with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on a gorgeous finish!

    Enchanter looks awesome. Best of luck with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely finish and nice progress on your UFO!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful finish! Your challenge is a great idea to get WIP's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Autumn piece is very pretty! I remember Midnight Enchanter! You already made nice progress on it now. I told Evalina that she will win because you have 3 new babies to love on!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Kelly, love the PS really nice work! I am watching your challenge too:)
    Mary Louise

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kelly, I love the prairie schooler piece. It is exactly the kind of piece I like to stitch. You did a wonderful job! Good luck with the challenge and with the blanket. I know that you can get the UFO's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Autumn leaves looks fabulous!!

    You can do it! I'll be your #1 cheerleader!! The progress you've made so far is amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Midnight Enchanter is absolutely stunning. Can't wait to see the end result. What sort of material did you use? It's very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Midnight Enchanter is very faboulous and i will also have it :d I embroide a dimensions of dolphins domain right now :) and i will publish the work on my blogg too then.. what do you do after you have finnished your art? I go with it to my glas cheaf to get a frame and glass on it :) so they dont get dirt and be yellow

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate each and every one.